A Look Back at 2011 For 3t Ministry
As we welcome 2012 today, all of us here at 3t Ministry want to say Happy New Year! We hope that this fresh New Year of 2012 brings joy, peace, good health and blessings to your life!
2011 was such a big year for us here at 3t Ministry. This was the year we took some major steps to become a bicycle donation center for the Denver metro area so that we can fix up bikes and provide them to folks in need all over Colorado and the Rocky Mountain Region. Here are just some of the highlights.
- In March of 2011 3t Ministry received our Determination Letter and we qualified as a 501(c)3 charity.
- In May we hosted and ran the 13th annual “Inner City Health Center Community Kids bike fair”
- July was huge. The Walmart stores in Highlands Ranch and Parker starting donating bikes needing repair. We had so many more now to fix up and donate.
- July brought us the establishment of our bike rides program. We have been cycling in Douglas County on a weekly basis to raise awareness about our ministry.
- In September, Tony’s Market held a Bike Drive at all of their stores. We collected over 100 used bikes! Amazing! That is over 100 kids and folks that now had a bike that did not have the means to get one before.
- Throughout the year we were looking for a permanent home to store and repair our bike donations. In November, we received donated space in Denver for our bike program- an amazing 5000 square feet of donated space! We remain so grateful!
- Also in November, Tony’s Markets agreed to become our YEAR-LONG-BIKE DROP OFF. If you have a bike to donate and can’t get to a bike drive, just bring it to Tony’s Markets and they will hold it for us. Make sure you pop in and check out all the delicious foods they have while you are there. They are good people and their food is great too!
- In December, on top of our regular bike donations, we ran a coat drives and collected over 750 new and used coats, blankets, gloves and hats in all.
- Also in December we donated a truck-load of bikes and coats to the Knights of Columbus for their “Coats to Kids” program.
- Throughout 2011, 3t Ministry gifted over 600 bikes! Amazing!
We could have not done any of this without all of our donors, volunteers, community advocates and supporters! Thank you!
A few other notes – throughout the year we continued to work on our website as a way get the word out. At the beginning of the year we were averaging 200 to 300 visitors a month and that has grown with over 850 in December! We also now have a presence on Twitter and Facebook and have begun making some changes to the site that will continue into the new year.
We have big plans for 2012! Keep checking the web site and you will know where we will be and what we are up to. We already have several Bike Donation Drives planned.
Happy New Year & thank you all for your support of 3t Ministry!